This is my take on the classic Lasagna. Who doesn’t love a good lasagna, but hates the time it takes to make it? It’s a long process. You have to boil the water, cook the noodles, brown the meat, put the lasagna together, and then bake it for an hour. We’re talking about a
With this Lasagna
The flavors are divine. You wouldn’t even know that you’re eating soup. It thickens up nicely and is even better as leftovers. Enjoy!
- 1.5 lbs Ground Beef
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Onion chopped
- 1 tbsp Chopped Garlic
- 2 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 7 cups Chicken Stock
- 12 oz Tomato Sauce
- 2 x 14.5 oz Diced Tomatoes with Oregano, Basil, & Garlic
- 2 x 6 oz Tomato Paste
- 1 box Lasagna Noodles
- 15 oz Ricotta
- 3/4 cup Parmesan grated
- In a large pot add Olive Oil and put on medium heat. While that is warming up chop up the Onion and place in the pot. Add the Garlic too. Saute for 2-3 minutes. Mixing occasionally.
- While the Onion and Garlic are sauteing, brown the Beef in a skillet. Once browned drain the fat and add the beef to the onion and garlic.
- Add the Italian Seasoning, Salt, & Pepper. Mix well. Let saute for another 5 minutes.
- Add Chicken Broth, Tomato Sauce, Diced Tomatoes, and Tomato Paste. Mix well & bring to a boil.
- Once the soup has been brought to a boil add in broken up lasagna noodles. Follow instructions on the package.
- Once the noodles are done, turn off the heat and add the Ricotta and Parmesan. Mix well.
- Serve with a dollop of ricotta and garlic toast. Enjoy!